Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 1 of 42

Day one was rough. I realized just how awfully out of shape I am. You would think I'd already know this, since I haven't worked out consistently in....excluding the month before my wedding....err years. But nope, it came as quite a shock last night when, 25 minutes into my 35 minute workout video, I had to stop and go hurl. True story. I won't go into details because a) no one really want to hear the details and 2) it's rather embarrassing that the situation occured at all. I did go back in, rewind my video, and finish the workout. In the future, I won't work out right after dinner. Bad idea.  I won't let myself get this badly out of shape either. Also a bad idea.

I am doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 series. My friend Whitney showed me this website where you can view tons of workout videos for free (yippee!). So at least I got my big butt kicked for free.

I started thinking about the last time I was really confident in the way I looked in a swimsuit and I dug up a picture of close to that time. This is before my junior year of college when some girlfriends and I went to Destin, Florida for some fun. I worked out enough, but I didn't develop the healthy habits I'm working on this time. I read something good today. It said, if you want to change your life, you have to start by changing your lifestyle.


I'm on the right....that's my gorgeous skinny friend Tabitha on the left.

P.S. I want to go back to Florida. After I get in shape.

1 comment:

  1. Amy I love your blog! I do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and when I first started I shut the workout off halfway through...I could NOT finish it. But a week later after doing it everyday I noticed the level 1 workout got really easy and I could finish it without even thinking about collapsing to the floor. Stick with it, you'll be back and felling fabulous in your bikini in no time :)

    ReplyDelete